Is your home located in a great school district? Does it have a spacious backyard that’s perfect for a swing set? Do your own children have fond memories of playing and running in your home? If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, selling your home this spring for the maximum amount possible may mean making a special appeal to families.
Like with most products available for sale, targeting a specific segment of the market can help you see more serious buyers and avoid wasting your time showing to potential buyers who are looking for a different type of property than what you have for sale. Read on to learn three ways that you can help improve your home’s appeal with families and parents who are looking for a place to raise their children:
- Put yourself in your buyer’s shoes. If you feel strongly that your home would be a great fit for a family, think about why that is. Firsthand experience with teachers in the district, particularly friendly neighbors, or a local club that takes great pride in the community are all personal touches that potential buyers will enjoy hearing about. Think about your favorite parts of your home and community, and write them down for buyers who come to visit your property.
- Childproof your interior. Parents who visit your property will be on the lookout for potential hazards that may endanger their little ones, so take some time to “childproof” the inside of your home. Ensure that all locks are working, stairways are equipped with sturdy railings, and gates and doors are present to prevent children from falling down flights of stairs in your home.
- Minimize risk from your exterior. One of the biggest factors that parents look for when considering which homes to buy is the yard. If you have a large backyard on your property, you will already be able to fetch a higher price for your home. However, parents want to make sure that the house they raise their children in is as safe as possible. If you do not already have a fence installed on your property, adding one with the help of Bucks County fence contractors can help you to better appeal to parents.
Greenhill Fencing, one of the leading fencing companies in Delaware County, is here to help any homeowners who are looking to sell their property this coming spring! Give our team a call today at 267-329-3005 to learn more about the many fencing options that can increase the value of your property today!
Have you noticed that you need to wear your winter coat less and less often these days? After a harsh winter, spring is finally right around the corner! Fence contractors in Doylestown, like those working for Greenhill Fencing, Inc., are excited for warm weather so they can help more families find the benefits of installing a fence ahead of the spring season!
Why should you invest in a fence before spring arrives? Five good reasons include:
- Fencing allows pets more freedom. When spring weather rolls around, your cat or dog will want to run and play outdoors after a winter of being cooped up inside! Fencing allows you to give your pets a little more freedom on your property without having to worry about chasing them out of your neighbor’s yard!
- Fencing keeps strays away. Spring is the season for animals and pets to return from hibernation! Keeping stray cats, dogs, rats, and squirrels out of your yard is much easier with fencing, which is especially useful during the spring season when animals are searching for new places to build nests.
- Fencing increases your property value. Did you know that spring is the most common time of year for homeowners to put their houses up for sale? Fencing can help your property stand out against a sea of homes for sale, and it increases curbside value.
- Fencing keeps kids safer. Everyone with a small child knows that if you blink, they can get halfway across the lawn. Fencing keeps children safer and under the watchful eye of parents, and it can be especially useful if you live near a busy road.
- Spring is fencing weather. Summers can get hot and there’s always the chance of thunderstorms, and winters can come along with blistering snowstorms. Both extreme forecasts can slow down your fence installation in Chester County, PA, and neighboring communities, which ties up your backyard for longer periods of time. The spring season is more mild, meaning that your fence will be up in no time!
Spring is the perfect time for fence installation! If you’ve been considering investing in a fence for your property, give Greenhill Fencing, Inc. a call today at 267-329-3005 to get started preparing for the best spring yet!
Nothing says the American dream quite as well as the classic white picket fence. While everyone wants the crisp, clean white picket fence in their yard, not many people know the origin of this classic design choice.
While the white picket fence is largely considered to be one of the most solidly American design choices you can make, the truth is that the design originated during the colonial period when the budding United States was still a ruled by Great Britain.
As settlers made their way over to claim their plot of land, those who held a significant amount of property and land began to erect picket fences to keep thieves and neighboring farm animals off their land. The most wealthy landowners painted their fence white because it was considered a symbol of wealth. After all, to have a large plot of land fenced in with a clean white fence, you’d have to have enough money to employ a servant to continuously be painting the fence to ensure that it did not lose its color.
As America gained its independence and land ownership became more diverse, a budding middle class adopted the white picket and made it their own. Its relatively simple design meant that those with little woodworking experience could handle the job most of the time. As plots of land became smaller, painting became a job that could be completed in a matter of hours instead of days.
While the meaning of the white picket fence has changed over time, the fact that this classic choice is as old as America itself still rings true to its popularity to this day.
Give Greenhill Fencing, Inc., a leading fence company in Bucks County, a call today at 267-329-3005 to learn more about how we can help you add a touch of luxury and functionality onto your Philadelphia property with a fence installation today.
As the holiday season approaches, you’re probably busy running around and making sure that you have the right gift for everyone on your “nice” list this winter. You’ve had a busy year; don’t you deserve a gift as well?
If you’ve been thinking about installing a new fence on your property but just haven’t had time to make the call yet to our fence contractors in Doylestown, then the holiday season is the perfect time to treat yourself to a present that will last for years to come.
Here are three reasons why a new fence is the perfect gift to give yourself for all of your hard work this year!
- It can help block out noise. If your winter wish is to have a more peaceful and quiet sleep at night, privacy fencing is the gift for you. Privacy fencing from Greenhill Fencing, Inc. can help block out noises from surrounding traffic, your neighbor’s pets and even just local noise, giving you a more peaceful yard.
- It makes your property look great. Is your yard looking a little dull or drab? A white wooden fence can bring a whole new look to your property! From the classic picket design to the gothic scallop style, a fence is a fashionable and functional way to redesign your home.
- Everyone benefits from a new fence. A brand new fence doesn’t just benefit you. Everyone in your home gets to reap the benefits that your new fencing will provide- making it a gift for everyone in the house!
At Greenhill Fencing, Inc, the leading fence company in Philadelphia, we are here to help you with all of your holiday fencing needs. Feel free to give us a call at 267-329-3005 for a free estimate on your project.
If you’re like most people, you probably like to keep your home private from the neighbors. Most people like to feel safe and secure in their home, and no one wants to feel like they’re being watched when they’re relaxing in their backyard. We see more and more requests for privacy fence installations for a number of reasons.
Here are three of the most common reasons that our team at Greenhill Fencing, Inc., one of the top fencing companies in Philadelphia, believes that homeowners want to install a privacy fence in their yard.
- Protection for small children. Any parent can tell you that kids tend to wander off. Taking your eyes off a toddler for as little as a few seconds is enough to let themselves get into trouble. A privacy fence helps to keep families safe by preventing children from wandering off your property.
- Noise reduction and protection from pets. Do your neighbors have a dog that just won’t seem to stop barking? What about a cat that enjoys taking a stroll into your lawn to agitate your pets? Privacy fencing provides better noise reduction from loud pets and will prevent stray animals from being able to enter your yard.
- Pool safety. If you have a pool, common sense dictates that you need a fence to keep your home and neighborhood children safe. A privacy fence prevents tree-climbing animals from jumping into your yard and pool, while also providing a barricade that keeps neighborhood children from accidentally falling into your pool.
No matter what your motivation, our team at Greenhill Fencing, Inc. can provide you with the fencing that you need to keep your home and your family safe and comfortable this season.
If you are in need of fence installation in Philadelphia, don’t hesitate to give us a call today at 267-329-3005 or fill out a contact form on our website for fast and professional service.